Software consulting has become essential for businesses today. So much that not even the small businesses that used to thrive without proper software consulting can survive for long without any now. Clearly things have moved fast and as competition intensifies across industries, the software approach a business takes can mean the difference between success and failure. Investing in the best software is half the journey, and consulting is the other.
But of course the best services don’t necessarily come from every consulting company in this market. And so it’s critical, more than ever, that any business that seeks to use consultancy even in the smallest way, is able to separate the best from the rest. This is the sole deliverable of this post – a presentation of the top software consulting companies.
What is software consulting?
Software consulting is a professional service that businesses can hire to help them with their software needs. Consultants work with clients to perform a number of tasks among them assessing their current software setup and strategizing ways to improve it. This often includes developing or managing the development of new software, but can also involve improving, repairing, training, digital transformation advisory, etc.
Consulting companies are experts in all if not most things software. So they can be a valuable resource for businesses of all sizes.
Why does your business need software consulting services
There are many reasons why your business might need software consulting services. Perhaps you’re starting a new business and need help designing and building a custom software solution. Or maybe you’re having trouble keeping up with the latest trends and changes in the software industry and need expert help to stay up to date.
The services can include anything from improving workflow and reducing manual tasks to overhauling an entire system.
What are the risks of not having software consulting?
The most obvious risk is that your business will not be as efficient as it could be. Without expert advice, you may not be using software to its full potential, which could result in lost time and money.
In addition, you may be more vulnerable to dangers like cyberattacks if you don’t have adequate guidance in place. A third risk is that you could fall behind your competitors if they are using software consulting to improve their business processes.
Traits of a top software consulting company
When looking for a software consulting company, it’s important to find one that has a proven track record of success and that can provide the resources you need to meet your business goals.
Look for companies that exhibit the following traits:
- They’re able to listen to your needs: Understanding your needs means the consulting company won’t just try to push their own agenda, but will take the time to learn about your specific business and the challenges you’re facing.
- Proven process: This means having a system in place that clearly outlines how they work with clients, how they gather requirements, and how they deploy solutions.
- Excellent communication skills: They should be able to clearly explain the project requirements and discuss any changes or updates in a timely manner. After all, you’ll be working closely with them to make sure your project is a success. They should demonstrate ability to provide regular updates on the project’s progress, so you always know where you stand.
- Objective opinion: You need a partner that will be honest and willing to give accurate assessment of your software needs, no matter what the outcome may be.
- Deep expertise and experience: The best possible consultancy comes from a provider that is deep in expertise and experience. They will have a thorough understanding of the software industry besides being up-to-date on all the latest trends. In addition, they will have a wealth of experience to draw from years of delivering to clients, so you can be confident that they know what they’re doing. A good software consulting company will be able to show you case studies and testimonials from previous clients. They should also have a strong engineering team with a lot of experience in your industry.
- Futuristic in thinking: A good software company should be constantly exploring new ways to improve a business’ offering and enable it to stay ahead of the curve.
- Their teams are passionate: The teams at top software consulting companies are passionate about their work. They’re experts in their field, and take pride in developing innovative solutions that help their clients. They’re also dedicated to providing excellent customer service, and work hard to ensure that their clients are happy with the work they’ve done.
The top 10 software consulting companies
Here are the top software consulting companies! These companies are experts in everything that matters in software from strategy and design to development and deployment. They always get the job done right. Plus, they all have a proven track record of delivering quality results.
Accenture has a long and successful history in the software consulting industry. The company began as a technology consulting arm of Arthur Andersen, an accounting firm that ceased operations in the early 2000s. Over the years, they’ve grown to become one of the largest and most respected software consulting firms in the world. Today, Accenture employs hundreds of people who work with some of the biggest brands and organizations in the world. Accenture’s workforce reached 624, 000 employees as at 2021.
Their core services across software consulting include:
- Application Services
- Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Cloud computing
- Customer Experience
- Data & Analytics
- Digital Commerce
- Operating Models
- Supply Chain Management
According to Accenture, their people are the heart and soul of the company. They’re the ones who come up with innovative ideas and make things happen. They have the industry experience and technical expertise to transform businesses.
The company’s process is based on a methodology that’s been refined over time and proven to be successful. It’s tailored to specific needs and provides a clear path to success. In addition, Accenture has a large pool of talented engineers and developers.
2. Deloitte Technology
The parent company of Deloitte Technology Consulting is Deloitte, the consulting giant that is well known almost everywhere in the world especially among professional circles. The software consulting arm, Deloitte Technology, is huge in the software consulting space with a deep understanding of how technology can be used to solve business problems and drive innovation. It helps clients harness the power of technology to make their businesses more agile, efficient, and competitive. .
The company offers elaborate services that fall under the below categories:
- Software product management and engineering
- Go-to-market and customer outcomes
- XaaS strategy and transformation
- Talent and operating model consulting
Deloitte believes that the latest and greatest software solutions can help businesses solve complex problems and accelerate growth.
3. IBM Technology
IBM is a giant in software services and consulting is an area they have excelled consistently. A top player with over 140,000 experts in more than 170 countries, IBM delivers innovative consulting services that have proven to unlock value for a long list of businesses.
The company offers a comprehensive suite of services, including:
- Analytics (unlocking enterprise data)
- Application services (efficient application management)
- Artificial intelligence ( turning AI ideas into quantitative outcomes)
- Blockchain (Blockchain design methodologies that accelerate outcomes)
- Cloud computing (hybrid, open and managed cloud services)
- Cybersecurity (cloud and managed security)
- Ecommerce (Building personalized customer experiences)
- IT infrastructure (Leveraging technologies to drive innovation)
Capgemini is a France-based company that provides software consulting services to businesses. With more than 290,000 employees as of 2022, it’s easy to see why Capgemini is one of the top software consulting companies in the world.
Like all the other top companies in this list, Capgemini has a presence in literally every corner of the globe. This makes it easy for businesses of all sizes to get their hands on the company’s services.
Their services cut across these areas:
- Cloud computing (services and guidance)
- Customer first (helping businesses to reinvent and deliver exceptional customer experience)
- Cybersecurity (Threat intelligence as- a-Service)
- Data and artificial intelligence(enabling businesses to take advantage of data and AI)
- Enterprise management (finance, HR, supply chains, and customer interactions)
- Intelligent industry (helping businesses gain a competitive edge)
- Sustainability (solutions that transform businesses to sustainable entities)
5. Entrance Consulting
Entrance Consulting has been around since 2003, successfully building a solid name along the way . The hard work has paid off and the Entrance brand is quite frankly synonymous to “exceptional software consulting”. This is a top software development consulting company that has helped startups and enterprises across many industries.
The experts at Entrance are dedicated to providing clients with the highest quality of service possible, and they always work closely with their clients to make sure they’re getting exactly what they need.
Entrance Consulting employs a unique approach that involves taking a personal interest in client success. The company works closely with businesses to understand their needs and help them reach their targets. Whether you’re a startup looking to scale up rapidly or an enterprise in need of efficient systems to expand market share, Entrance will help.
They are holistic in project delivery, ensuring that every solution is tailored to the unique needs of the businesses they serve. The team is composed of top-talent, who have years of experience in a wide range of industries plus a proven track record in the delivery of complex software projects.
Key software consultant services by Entrance consulting include;
- Custom software development (Desktop Apps, Web Apps, Business Applications)
- Application Management (Buy vs Build Evaluation, Software Choices, Data Integration)
- Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 (Planning and Roadmaps, Portals and Collaboration, Document Management)
- Analytics (Business Intelligence, Big Data Management, Hadoop Consulting)
- Systems Engineering
Clients include Toshiba, Helen Keller, Statoil, Bray International and more. If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy software consulting company, Entrance Consulting is definitely worth considering.
6. Cognizant Technology Solutions
Cognizant has a long history of delivering quality services, a trusted software consulting partner for many large businesses and organizations. They have a deep understanding of the latest technology trends and how to apply them to businesses. They also have a global presence, which allows them to serve clients all over the world.
Cognizant’s core software consulting services are mainly focused on digital transformation, which is key in helping businesses align their operations with a rapidly evolving landscape. They include:
- Digital Strategy
- Enterprise Application Services
- Industry & Platform Solutions
- Infrastructure Services
- Intelligent Process Automation
- Software Product Engineering
7. Tata Consulting Services
Tata Consulting is a multinational consulting firm that is headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company boasts a workforce of over 600,000 as at July 2022, making it one of the most formidable companies in this space. It’s part of Tata Group, the Indian giant conglomerate founded in 1868 and believed to be the largest conglomerate in India.
With a rich experience spanning decades, it’s no wonder that TCS is a pace setter in this industry, and today offers a wide range of software-related consulting services that include:
- Analytics & Insights
- Cognitive Business Operations
- Automation & AI
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Enterprise Applications
- Cloud Computing
TCS was the first Indian software consultant company to enter the bioinformatics sector, a crucial field that involves developing software that helps in the capturing, understanding and utilization of biological data.
8. SAP Services
SAP is a German software company that is known for some of the best enterprise software that businesses use to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP Services is the company’s cloud computing division, providing cloud-based solutions for businesses of all sizes. SAP Services offers a variety of consultancy services as well as CRM and e-commerce platforms.
The company also provides consulting and support services to help customers implement and use its products. In recent years, SAP Services has been increasingly focusing on artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), with the goal of helping businesses automate tasks and make better decisions. As a leading provider of enterprise software, SAP Services is well positioned to help businesses take advantage of the latest technologies.