The GALEN Open Source License (GOSL)
Version 1.0 11th October 1999
The OpenGALEN Clinical Terminology is Copyright © the University of Manchester, UK, the University of Nijmegen, NL, and their contributors.
Source Material refers to:
- text files containing Grail source code, GALEN Intermediate Representation dissections, GALEN Intermediate Representation configuration files, or linguistic or other mappings relating to the OpenGALEN Clinical Terminology, AND which contain the following (or substantially similar) notice: "The contents of this file are Copyright © the Universities of Manchester and Nijmegen and are covered by the GALEN Open Source License (GOSL), a copy of which should be found as part of the package within which this file was found, or which can be obtained from www.opengalen.org . You are free to use, modify and re-distribute this material, as long as this notice remains intact, and as long as any modifications you make are clearly indicated."
- binary data-sets containing material as described above (which could be represented in textual form), but which are readable by commonly available database or spreadsheet applications, and which have as part of their description or comment the same notice as described above
Compiled form refers to:
- Binary representations which result from the application of the functionality of a GALEN Terminology Server on Source Material. For a description of the GALEN Terminology Server, see www.opengalen.org .
OpenGALEN Clinical Terminology refers to:
- Source Material and/or Compiled form (or substantive derivatives) licensed through OpenGALEN ( www.opengalen.org ). The arbiter of substantive derivative shall be OpenGALEN.
Redistribution of Source Material, and its use in Source Material and Compiled forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Re-distributions of Source Material must retain the whole text of this GOSL (or, at your choice, any minor-version updates of this GOSL numbered 1.x published at www.opengalen.org ) verbatim (including Disclaimer) in a prominently visible file accompanying such distribution, and each individual file must retain its copyright notice as described in the definition of 'Source Material' above.
- Modifications of Source Material must retain the original copyright notice in each file, together with a description of what modifications were made, when, and by whom.
- Re-distributions in Compiled form must reproduce the whole text of this GOSL (or, at your choice, any minor-version updates of this GOSL numbered 1.x published at www.opengalen.org ) verbatim (including Disclaimer) in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. Re-distribution in Compiled form must be accompanied by the Source Material from which the Compiled form came about.
- All advertising materials of any product mentioning features or use of the OpenGALEN Clinical Terminology must display the following acknowledgement, which must also be prominently visible within, or as part of the start-up of, any application that uses the OpenGALEN Clinical Terminology at run-time, or which has benefited from it use during build/development-time:
"This product uses the OpenGALEN Clinical Terminology, Copyright the Universities of Manchester and Nijmegen, licensed through OpenGALEN (www.opengalen.org)."
- Neither name of the University of Manchester or Nijmegen, nor the names of its contributors, nor that of OpenGALEN may be used to endorse or promote products without specific prior written permission.